Monday, December 07, 2009

Upcoming Speaking Engagements

I haven't been updating the sidebar to this blog, so I thought it might be best to post where I'll be in the upcoming months...

This week, on December 11th, I will be speaking at the Center for Urban Entrepreneurship & Economic Development at Rutgers Business School in Newark, NJ. I'll be speaking on using social media for small businesses. And yes, I'll be talking some rudimentary metrics. I hope that a more in-depth conversation with this group--something beyond the basic "what is social media"--will help this group to develop their web presences.

And in March, 2010, I will be on a panel discussing new media at the "A Century of Women in Type" Conference for Smith Women in Media. It's an amazing honor to be asked to be part of an event alongside such women as Gloria Steinem, Laurel Touby (tent), and so many other amazing and fascinating women who've made huge contributions to the world of print media.

I am so grateful to have these fantastic opportunities, and really looking forward to some fascinating conversations with entrepreneurs across both business and media. It's great being able to straddle both worlds--there's just way too much to see and learn out there...

No comments: