Monday, May 01, 2006

Third time's the charm...yes, I had another name change here.

This time, it might stick.

I decided to change the name from Snarkaholic to Constant Observer because, quite frankly, Snarkaholic wasn't working anymore. While I'll admit that I thoroughly enjoy ripping someone a new one from time to time, what is even more a pleasure is nailing an issue right square where no one else figured it could be nailed....

It happened in my post on United 93 and in my post on the Kaavya Viswanathan plagiarism case...

Sometime back, I got a piece of unsolicited advice from Jay Rosen, who suggested I ditch Snark, get a new blog, and "write smart." Well, I'm a bit too lazy and not quite ready to go the whole domain and full blog transfer thing yet, but changing the name of this one (even though it might screw up some people's blogrolls) was pretty easy....and writing smart is something I had to realize I was doing all along.

I guess, in some way, I've grown up, too. It's not really about lobbing a huge tomato at someone anymore just to get attention--although I reserve the right to do that, when appropriate, and from time to time (because some people truly deserve to be called "dumbasses".) For the most part, though, the attention's there. Now, it's a matter of keeping it, and of maintaining an intelligent level of discourse--and not just in my posts, but among commenters too. There's a lot of smart people out there, and I actually *like* hearing from them, even if they don't totally agree with me.

So, here's to the new name. Let's hope it's the last one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, got the name changed on my blogroll. It bumps you quite a ways up the alphabetical list. :)

Tish Grier said...

thanks Terry! I hadn't thought that changing the image might move me up, too.

Sour Duck said...

Taking advice from Jay Rosen? There's your first mistake...

Seriously, I love the new name. Best to you.