Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Off on another excellent adventure: I'm at the IDG Syndicate Conference in NYC. Conference going can become addictive. I alternately love and hate them--love the information, hate the networking. But that's Life in the Big Cities of Cyberspace. This plans to be quite a bit different than Beyond Broadcast--possibly more like BlogOn (see the sidebar to a link to that.) Good thing I'm ever-curious.

I'm here, actually, as media--will be blogging some of this for Corante. Whether or not the posts will be here or on Corante, I'm not sure.

One of the things that came out of BB was how so much of this stuff is in the nanoseconds of development. This is true. as I watch people milling about arond here, I keep thinking about how we all are looking to catch the wave of what's oing on....whether we can or not, is another thing.

And then there are the practicalities of it--there's loads of creativity, but where's the money? Finding the revenue streams is the biggest problem....and it all seems to hinge on advertising...

fascnating how the blogosphere is a new world, yet in other ways it's the same world.

I wonder if this is how the conquistadores thought.

just spotted Jeff Jarvis talking with Doc Serles. This is, in many respects, a gathering of Illuminati--which makes me think "well, how did I get here?"

and I realize that I'm surfing in a whole different way.

No comments: